When I recently realised that microwave popcorn from a bag was filled with chemicals, I immediately stopped letting my children eat it. Studies have shown that microwave popcorn bags breaks down when heated into a substance called perfluorooctanoic (PFOA) which the Environmental Protection Agency has identified as a “likely carcinogen.”. I try to also steer clear of the microwave as radiation can also be really damaging to your health. My homemade Greek style popcorn has been a hit with my kids ever since! No sugar and no chemicals but a savoury treat for them to munch on whilst we watch stranger things!
- 0.5 cups of popping corn
- 2 tbps good quality greek Olive Oil
- A sprinkle of sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp good quality Oregano
- Add the olive oil to a non-stick pan to coat the kernals
- Once sizzling, add the popping corn and cover with lid
- It will speak to you throughout, once it’s stopped that means it’s done!
- Transfer to bowl and toss with olive oil, oregano and salt.